The premire gathering point for volunteer leaders from throughout the Asia-Pacific. Designed to fit the priorities and perspectives of the region, enabling IAVE to build local capacity and to strengthen local and regional networks.
The Conference is for people who share a commitment to volunteering as a means to build understanding across borders through the active engagement of people in service to their communities, to their societies and to the world.
The conference is complemented by the World Youth Volunteer Conference typically scheduled in the few days prior, these are special opportunities for young volunteers, up to age 25, to meet together, volunteer together, learn and reflect together, and begin relationships that can last for many years.
This year, the Youth Conference will be held November 22-23 at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC). The Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre is located in the heart of the Kuala Lumpur City Centre and nestled between the awe-inspiring PETRONAS Twin Towers and a beautiful 50-acre landscaped recreational KLCC park, home to various species of flora and fauna.
IAVE is motivated to know more about the work that youth volunteers are doing in each region, analyse their lessons learnt, the struggles they go through and the needs they face when performing their service activities.
The Conference is designed for everyone who, whether in volunteer or paid roles, gives leadership for volunteering in their organisation, in their community or at a national or global level:
- Executives and staff of global volunteer involving and promoting organisations
- Representatives of United Nations agencies, including UN Volunteers and UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- National, regional and local leadership structures for volunteering
- Businesses – global, regional, national and local – that are committed to engaging their workers as volunteers in their communities
- National and local volunteer involving civil society, public sector and religious organisations
- Government officials responsible for formulating and implementing government policy and programs related to volunteering
- Efforts that engage citizens in advocating on local, national and global issues
- Individual volunteer entrepreneurs who are building innovative grassroots approaches to solving local problems
- Researchers who have the study of civil society and volunteering as a high priority.
Here are some great reasons to attend this year’s Conference:
- You will be informed and motivated by great speakers, each leader in their own corner of the global volunteer community
- You will interact with innovative, high impact leaders of global, national and local volunteer efforts
- You will be challenged by new ideas and innovative approaches to shared problems
- You will meet and learn from peers from throughout the world
- You will have the opportunity to contribute your own experience and perspective
- You will be part of a global community of people who share your belief in the importance and impact of volunteering.