Commences February - Completed June 2018
Delivered by Volunteering Queensland (RTO #6020), this qualification is appropriate for workers who are responsible for the coordination of volunteers within a program or organisation. This is an accelerated training course suitable for experienced workers in many industry sectors including community work, health, arts, emergency services, sport, recreation, parks, heritage, libraries and museums; and local government employees.
- Legal context: Understand the legal, ethical and health and safety context in which your volunteer program operates
- Workforce development: Identify, and support a diverse workforce from different backgrounds and plan for your future workforce
- Recruitment and retention: Recruit, induct and support your volunteers
- Leadership: Developing work priorities for yourself and develop your ability to lead your team effectively
- Communication: Communicate with volunteers and within workplaces and deal with conflict that arise
- Workshops: The course is presented through five (5) two full day face-to-face workshops where units are clustered to reflect real industry processes and outcomes
- Workshop activities: A range of activities contribute toward your overall assessment of competency
- Workplace activity: Assessment is related to your professional practice in the workplace
- Support: Your trainer will provide extra online support where you require
- 13 – 14 February, Tues – Wed
- 13 – 14 March, Tues – Wed
- 17 – 18 April, Tues – Wed
- 8 – 9 May, Tues – Wed
- 5 – 6 June, Tues – Wed
- Volunteering Queensland – Brisbane CBD
Express your interest
We welcome your expression of interest for this course.
Please view the course profile for full details including fees and the option to access a subsidy to support eligible individuals. Fill in our expression of interest form online and we will contact you to discuss the enrolment process.